Summer hair and makeup!

Thursday 31 July 2014

Hello Lovelies!
There is nothing I love more than a dewy finish with my makeup. I just feel that it makes my skin look healthy and more radiant. I wear this look all year round but in the summer months I go a bit overboard and smother myself in highlighter. In summer I strip back to basics and try to keep my makeup as natural or as natural looking as possible. It is also the season for messy hair and embracing your inner Vanessa Hudgens. 



Products
Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation // Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer // Sleek Contour Kit // L'oreal Paris Eyeshadow in matte 106 (used to fill in eyebrows) // Urban Decay Naked Palette // KIKO Ultra Glossy Stylo Shade 802 Nude // Radiant Touch Creamy Stick Highlighter // Pearly Eye Base Primer // Revlon Growluscious Plumping Mascara

I love this look as it is quick and effortless for days out and for festivals. The key to this hair style is the messier the better. I always tend to tease the plaits and rough them up a bit just to give them a bit of texture. The best thing is wear them for one day, sleep in them over night and then the next day you will have textured waves, so two hair styles in one. 

Why not add a hair accessory to festival it up? Flower crowns are the traditional festival go to accessory. If you have tons of spare time over the summer like I have then why not try and make one of your own, stand out from the crowd, be unique. I made this one a few weekends ago from a tutorial on Pinterest and was surprised how quick and easy they were to make! 


What's your favourite summer look?

1 comment

  1. I LOVE the flower crown look for summer/festivals too - even made on my blog as well! Loving your summer makeup look!
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!